Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2000 09:59:17 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   dc driver, SNMP, etc.

Hello,

I was wondering if any comments were to be had:

I've been using SMC 9334BDT (SMC dual Etherpower 10/100) cards in PCI
machines for several years, to give me 8-port 10/100 routers.  Works
great.

With the price point available on the D-Link 4-port card, apparently
supported by the "dc" driver, I'm really tempted to start buying those
instead, and gain 16-port routers in the fallout.

First, does anyone know if UCD-SNMP will be updated to work with 4.0,
since it appears that it is marked BROKEN?  I understand that the dc
driver will not be backported to 3.x (or I'd go that route).

I've read various messages on the dc driver, and it is clear that only
(some?) 21143-based cards (which would also probably be supported by de)
are supported by this driver.  Am I wrong?

If not, for that intersection of support, what happens?  Which driver
will claim the card?

Thanks,

... Joe