Date:      Mon, 20 May 1996 04:05:46 +1000 (EST)
From:      michael butler <imb@scgt.oz.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        nate@sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Subject:   Re: A MMAP observation

> Nate Williams wrote:

> > iODBC driver manager 2.10 has just been released.

To which I asked ..

> Is there such a thing as a server-side driver .. say for mSQL or similar ?

Just as a pointer .. and in answering my own question ..

>From the Postgres95 page at http://epoch.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres95/ I
found a link for PostODBC at http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9025461/ which
describes (and offers the source for) a 16-bit DLL to do precisely what I
was after .. to hook a Windoze box to a FreeBSD-served database rather than
to just read news. Now to see if I can throw this yucky commercial stuff
away completely :-)

	michael