Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:42:55 +0200
From:      Olivier Cortes <olive@deep-ocean.net>
To:        Martin Hasenbein <mh-freebsd-questions@space.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree 4.1.0 und Gnome 1.4

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 02:15:46PM +0200, Martin Hasenbein wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anyone has experiences installing XFree 4.1.0 and Gnome 1.4
> from the ports? I tried to install X, which made no problems.
> after that I tried to install Gnome 1.4, but it doesn't work.
> I can't install X and Gnoem from /stand/sysinstall, because
> this installs X 3.3.6 and my graphics adapter doesn't work with that.
> I do make install clean and then:
>
> checking ORBit version... 0.5.4
> ===>  Script "configure" failed: here are the contents of "config.log"
> This file contains any messages produced by compilers while

sometimes the ports are not all up to date. obviously in your case
bonobo can't find the good version of ORBit. the solution:

cd /usr/ports/devel/ORBit && make distclean install
and return to the build of gnome1.4

i had the same kind of problem building galeon, and other heavy-gnomed
stuff.
when the build stops, find the "why", build it by hand (in the ports)
and return to your first build.

olivier

---
Olivier Cortes