Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 2008 21:38:09 +0200
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Steven G. Kargl" <kargl@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org, edwin@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/92074: [patch] top(1) aborts in redzone

Remko Lodder wrote:

I could have better send this a tad differently and in Private, my
apologies to all who read this and take offense.

The main part of my "Frustration" for this is basically that we
are trying real hard to get someone to resolve older and current
issues. Some problems are open for ages, and yes that not only
bugs you, it also bugs a group of other people. I do understand
that, I Really do!  Though it feels kinda demotivating that when
we finally find someone to do a part of the work, that we get a
reply that the submitter no longer cares. It doesn't help us in
getting new people in to resolve things, because people no longer
care. An understandable part after such a long time, but please
try to understand my point of view in this one and trying to
resolve things.

That said: If you -are- able to give Edwin some details, please
do. I understand that you feel even less motivated after my email
but it can help others. I hope that you want to help them as much
as I do (and Edwin for that matter) so that future problems like
these are no longer needed.

Thanks and again my apologies for my harsh reply, to you, and everyone
who reads this.

Cheers
remko

--