Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:57:01 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Justin Stanford <jus@security.za.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Old vmware2 installation and FreeBSD upgrade

Hi,

I was until recently running a 4.0-STABLE system with vmware2 happily
installed and running.

As one can imagine, once I upgraded to 4.2-STABLE, the first thing that
happened was that the old vmmon and vmnet modules hung the kernel nicely
as they where built back on my 4.0-STABLE machine - once those where
removed the system booted fine. The question is, what is the easiest
manner in which to just recreate those modules for the new kernel without
recompiling and reinstalling the entire vmware2 port? Looking through the
Makefile has just given me a headache ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
jus

--