Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:33:04 -0800
From:      Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold <gunnar@paganlibrary.com>
To:        "Fabrizzio Batista" <Fabrizzio.Batista@lojasobino.com.br>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SCSI TAPE PROBLEMS

I got the same problems whenever I didn't put a tape in or
if the user I was logged in as didn't have permission to
read or write the device.

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, you wrote:
> Hi gurus,
>
>     I'm using FreeBSD 4.2 and Adaptec SCSI Card with SEAGATE TAPE DRIVE
> (ST318436LW).
>
>     The SCSI TAPE device is found in the boot:
>
>     sa0: <ARCHIVE PYTHON ...
>     sa0: 7.812MB/s transfers ...
>
>     Everything looks like OK, but when I try to use the TAPE
>
>     mt status or tar tv
>
>     I receive this message:
>
>     mt status
>     mt: /dev/nsa0: Device not configured
>
>     Somebody knows what's the problem ?
>
>     Thanks in advance,
>
>     Fabrizzio

That which cannot be taken apart will fall apart.

Above address is an autoresponder!
Correct email address: gunnar at paganlibrary dot com

Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold
http://www.paganlibrary.com

Spam Filter Your Mail!
Go to http://www.Brightmail.com