Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:48:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Daugherty <doc@wcug.wwu.edu>
To:        Mark Kent <mark@noc.mainstreet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xwin32

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Mark Kent wrote:

> csh
> setenv DISPLAY x.y.z.w:0.0
> xterm
When I run xterm here I get:
Xlib: connection to "192.168.1.88:0.0" refused by server
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
xterm Xt error: Can't open display: 192.168.1.88:0.0

192.168.1.88 does exist and it is the winbox I'm trying to run xwin on.

> However, the fact that you are using ssh makes me believe that you
> might have something (firewall, router with packet filters) between
> the windows box and the freebsd box.  Do you?
Yes, it is my router. The box I'm trying to Xwin into is my
router/firewall. This is why I was originally concerned that there was no
place for me to enter a password.

David
doc@wcug.wwu.edu
Washington State Resident