Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 10:41:23 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Two NICs In FreeBSD

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 03:15:42PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> May I also chip in with my ? now that the saga is still on.
> I intend to have 2 NICS on a FreeBSD box. I intend to have one NIC
> connected to the LAN but on the second NIC I want to attach, using a
> crossover cable, a DSL modem (Zyxel Prestige 128L) configured as a a
> bridge.

That's not quite the same thing as we've been discussing. Multiple NICs
in FreeBSD work perfectly well, and as a gateway as you describe. The
original posting placed both NICs on the same net, hub/switch. Possibly
in order to have multiple IP addresses. Yet within the same netmask. I
asked what good was this supposed to do as one can put multiple IP
addresses on a single interface in FreeBSD.

What you plan is perfectly sane, reasonble, and common. Just remember
the DSL modem and NIC you connect to it are on a different network
than your inside LAN.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net