Date:      14 Oct 1999 22:43:56 +0200
From:      naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Orielly book

Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org> wrote:

> I get the impression that they'd need someone who can write
> higher-level stuff.  A FreeBSD Newbus Device Drivers book would almost
> certainly succeed.  A FreeBSD Generic Servers book won't.

Seems implausible to me. At least your example is highly specialized.
There are probably less than a hundred people in the world who
would buy a Newbus Device Drivers book. A "generic" FreeBSD book
would probably sell thousands of copies.

If you point people to FreeBSD, you often get asked what books
there are about it. And the people asking this question don't care
for device driver writing.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de