Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 03:58:05 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        "Daniel C." <xored@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: install, unable to mount root

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 10:51:05AM -0500, Daniel C. wrote:
>  Hi, I have a small problem, I do the installation and
>  post-installation of freeBSD but when it reboots, I get error 6:
>  unable to mount root: wd1s1a
>
> I'm not sure where to go from there.

It's pretty important to tell us what version of FreeBSD you're
running. From the error message you quoted, it sounds like an
old version.

A couple of tips...

If you go to the "search" page on www.freebsd.org and search the
mailing list, you might find other people asked about the same
error message and got answers that you can use.

I've put in a subject line that will help people see what your
message is about, so that you're more likely to get help.
If you write back to FreeBSD-questions and tell us what version
you're installing and how (from CDs perhaps?), then someone might
be able to offer you some more hints.

I know you're not on the mailing list, Daniel, but people usually
send you a cc: of their answers, like I'm doing now. If you reply,
send your reply to the mailing list freebsd-questions.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-