Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:27:48 +0100
From:      "Bond, Jeffery" <Jeff.Bond@nectech.co.uk>
To:        "'Ladavac Marino'" <mladavac@metropolitan.at>, "'alan17@his.com'" <alan17@his.com>, dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Partitioning the disk for FreeBSD

Yeah you are right. I'm getting the names reversed, but It is still true
that FreeBSD divides a single partition table entry (slice in FreeBSD speak,
partition in DOS/Linux), into sub-partitions.

I think the naming is confusing. Surely, we should call the main partition a
'partition' and not a slice (same as everyone else), and then have some
other name for the subdivisions that the disklabel editor creates.

Regards,

Jeff