Date:      Sun, 5 May 2002 11:09:40 -0700
From:      "Aaron Burke" <aburke@nullplusone.com>
To:        "Chris Griffiths" <cgriffiths@mutara.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Multiple moused at startup

I have one solution that works on one of my bsd boxes. Allthough you
should keep in mind that upgrading the kernel (specificly mergemaster)
may request that you overwrite these files. But here was my solution.
Also, keep in mind that rc.conf is just a config file. (At least as
far as I know.) The other rc files actually contain the startup scripts.

in rc.conf make sure you have something like the following.
moused_port="/dev/psm0"
moused_type="auto"
moused_enable="YES"
# for second mouse, mine is on com1
moused2_port="/dev/cuaa0"
moused2_type="auto"
moused2_enable="YES"

Then, you will have to update rc.syscons, and add the following lines,
I put them just below the regular moused lines. (make sure it looks
similar to moused, my mail client is gonna chop at least one line in two.

#  For a second mouse. We'll call it moused_enable2
#
case ${moused2_enable} in
[Yy][Ee][Ss])
        echo -n ' moused(2nd mouse)'
        moused ${moused2_flags} -p ${moused2_port} -t ${moused2_type}
        case ${mousechar2_start} in
        [Nn][Oo] | '')
                ;;
        *)
                echo -n ' mousechar_start';  vidcontrol < ${viddev} -M
${mousechar_start}
                ;;
        esac
        vidcontrol < ${viddev} -m on
        ;;
esac

If you have any problems, or if anyone else has figured out a different
way of doing this, let me know. I am interested.