Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 18:28:03 -0800
From:      "Dan O'Connor" <dan@jgl.reno.nv.us>
To:        "Mark Ovens" <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SOFTUPDATES

>Did ``boot -s'' and ran tunefs but got an error:
>
>Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:
># pwd
>/
># tunefs -n enable /usr
>tunefs: soft updates set
>tunefs: /dev/rda1s1e: reload: Invalid argument
>
>What caused this? There's no reference in the manpage.

I've seen it on some IDE drives, and not on some other IDE drives...in each
case softupdates was indeed enabled.

I've heard from others on the list that the error message is harmless,
although no one said exactly what was going on.

--Dan

**  The thing I like most about Windows 98 is...
**  You can download FreeBSD with it!