Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 1997 22:33:45 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey M. Dominiak" <jmdomini@bigfoot.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   3.0 Snapshot Bug

ATTENTION! PLEASE NOTE MY NEW EMAIL ADDRESS OF jmdomini@bigfoot.com

For the hell of it downloaded the 3.0 snapshot.  However I was unable to
get it installed.  When it gets to "saving kernel -c changes" I get a
"panic : page fault" error and system reboots.

I know that this is just a snapshot and is likely not to work right.  Just
reporting a bug.

I have the following equip:

DFI 586IPC Motherboard (Intel i430HX)
Cyrix 686-166+
Hercules Dynamite 128 (Tseng ET6000)
32MB EDO RAM
2 EIDE/ATAPI Hard Drives
NEC MultiSpin 16X CD ROM (ATAPI)
Adaptec 2920 SCSI Controller (used for scanner and SyQuest)

I also have a dual boot system with Windows NT and FreeBSD, using OS/2 boot
manager (don't ask)

--Jeffrey M. Dominiak (jmdomini@bigfoot.com)
Microsoft Site Builder Level 2 Member
Microsoft Developer Network Member

http://www.enteract.com/~jmdomini

My name may not be added to any mailing lists without my express
authourization.  Abuse this policy and I will report your unwanted
activity to your ISP! Thank You for your cooperation!