Date:      Sat, 21 Dec 2013 22:48:05 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jean-S=E9bastien_P=E9dron?= <dumbbell@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RV610 [Radeon HD 2400 XT] on KMS with newcons (vt)

--Vn2PPM5SrNE1ianjRf0DcfOqAkheBWohD

On 21.11.2013 17:27, Mark Atkinson wrote:
> * Someone over-zealously removed the AMD_GPU wiki page with the
> ports/kernel rebuild instructions, but failed to put any new migration
> instructions on the graphics page.

I removed those instructions, once the Radeon driver was in 10-CURRENT.
What instructions did you miss? Ports knob such as WITH_GALLIUM?

> Has anyone gotten radeonkms to load at boot-time with newcons?

I played with loading radeonkms from loader.conf yesterday and it worked.=

> Should I specify all the radeonkms dependencies in loader.conf as well?=

Dependencies will be automatically loaded, except firmwares: those are
not declared as normal dependencies, because they depend on the video
card family. And because "/" isn't mounted at the time the video card is
initialized, the driver fails to load firmwares and the card operates in
"degraded" mode.

In your case, you have to explicitely load the following firmwares from
loader.conf:

    radeonkmsfw_RV610_pfp_load=3D"YES"
    radeonkmsfw_RV610_me_load=3D"YES"
    radeonkmsfw_R600_rlc_load=3D"YES"
    radeonkms_load=3D"YES"

Other than that, do you have other issues with the Radeon driver?

--=20
Jean-S=E9bastien P=E9dron