Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:59:34 -0000
From:      "James Green" <james@stealthnet.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Samba on 4.5: how to stop WinXP asking for Guest password?

Hi there,

We have a local FreeBSD4.5 box that has Samba on it. I have logged in to
WinXP under the username and password identical to that as my user account
on the BSD box.

When I go into Network Neighbourhood, BSD (Shared), jmkg, it asks for
BSD\Guest's password. There is no Guest user on the box.

When I right-click Network Neighbourhood and Map the drive, I can select
jmkg and my password as the alternate username, but then it asks for Guest's
password and won't let me complete the wizard without it logging in as
Guest.

There is no Guest account. The Security level is set to 'Share Level' in
webmin.

Any ideas what to do? Many thanks.

--
James Green