Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:59:11 -0500
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Apparently, csh programming is considered harmful.

Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2007-12-13 18:05, Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com> wrote:
>> I ran across this today:
>>
>>   http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/shell/csh-whynot/
>>
>> Title:
>>   Csh Programming Considered Harmful

That was written sometime last millenium, I mean, it's REALLY old.  The
question is sort of flamebait (you ought to go ask it on, say, the Linux
IRC channel, for well-reasoned, adult discussion (NOT!)  In general,
it's right, you really wouldn't want to use tcsh as a scripting
language.  Read it, you'll come out ahead, but understand, that tcsh is
a heck of a good general purpose command shell for users.