Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 14:09:07 -0400
From:      Paul MacKenzie <elephant@cgocable.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   makeworld problem with cvs

HI,

I was trying to update Freebsd from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6 with CVS and after a lot
of work finally got to the point where I could make world..  It went for a
long time and then gave the following error

/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/quad/makefile.inc

Line 7: malformed Conditiional ($ {machine-arch} == "i386")

Line 7: needs an operator

(I have no idea what this error is. I am using a AMD 233 K6MMX cpu, which
installed no problem with FREEBSD 2.2.5.)

and then it goes through line 11 and line 19 (if then else, needs an
operatior, and if elseendif needs and operator). I assume this is to exit
after the errors...

make fatal errors encountered

Any help would be really appreciated, I am at an impasse

thanks a lot!

Paul