Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2001 13:29:58 -0400
From:      Jim Arnold <jim@ohio.com>
To:        "Sudirman Hassan" <s9810048@mmu.edu.my>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:

I'm not sure if something like this exists in the FreeBSD world:
http://www.coyotelinux.com/ -- if not it would be cool!

Coyote Linux is a single floppy distribution of Linux that is derived
from the Linux Router Project (LRP).  The main difference between LRP
and Coyote is the way that it is configured and maintained.

Coyote Linux is designed for use by those wishing to share an
Internet connection that is provided via an Ethernet connection using
DHCP or PPPoE, or a PPP dial-up with other computers that are
connected to a local area network (LAN). The primary focus of the
Coyote design is to make it as easy as possible to configure and use.

The Coyote distribution of Linux is designed to be run on Intel x86
based systems.  The minimum system requirements are as follows:

386SX Processor or greater *
12Mb RAM
1.44Mb Floppy Drive
  MDA Display

* The resulting floppy disks from the Coyote Linux disk creation
software require a computer that has a math-coprocessor present
(486DX or greater). This is done to save disk space as the kernel is
considerably larger if math-coprocessor emulation is compiled in.

You do not need a CDROM or Hard Drive in the computer that will
ultimately be running Coyote.