Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:17:40 -0800
From:      Raoul Simpson <thursday@sfsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp problems

>Try getting the latest ppp from http://www.Awfulhak.org/ppp.html.  It
>now waits a second by default before looking for carrier.  See the
>new ``set cd'' command.

ok. now, with ppp interactive mode i am able to login (it provides a login
prompt). it then reports my ip address, and about 5 seconds later says:
"Warning: Sending empty PAP authname." and then disconnects. i'm using the
ppp.conf as described in the handbook for dynamic ip addresses.  my dialup
script (which uses pppd) similarly disconnects. I feel rather foolish, but
despite having read the handbook, man, faqs, etc, i still can't figure it
out on my own. Any suggestions?
thanks