Date:      Fri, 8 Jan 1999 00:18:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jaime <jaime@snowmoon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Users changing passwords

	I have more information about this problem.  The chpasswd.cgi
script that I found in the mailing list archives is choking on this line:

connect(PASSD, $that) || die "connect: $!";

	All the print commands in the rest of the script produce no output
that the apache server sees.  This is where STDOUT should be going.
Whether STDOUT isn't aimed there or STDOUT is somehow going to a /dev/null
sort of place is what I don't know.

	Also, if the script is run by hand (./chpasswd.cgi), it will run
perfectly.  Of course, the flow chart of the program causes it to not
execute the "connect" command in that case.

	So, as far as I can tell, the problem has something to do with
connect.  Anyone have any ideas?

					Thanks in advance,
					Jaime