Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 2016 11:42:34 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (VNET) jails not going away

Hi,

sorry for the cross-post, Reply-To: set.

<bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> has anyone else experienced VNET jails to not fully go away anymore on =
a recent HEAD kernel (or possibly an older kernel)?
>=20
> I have test cases with which I can have them in DYING state (see jls =
-av) for ever or at least more than half a day.   I am in the process of =
trying to find the cause but would be good to know if anyone else is =
experiencing this?

Ok, I found more funny behaviour that I can get rid of the previous jail =
by cleaning up the next one.

root@rabbit4:/home/test # jail -i -c -n test19 host.hostname=3Dfoo vnet =
persist
19
root@rabbit4:/home/test # jexec 19 /bin/csh
root@foo:/ # ifconfig lo0 inet 127.19/8
root@foo:/ # exit
root@rabbit4:/home/test # jail -r 19

Jail 19 is in DYING and hangs there forever;  If I repeat this upon exit =
from jail 20, jail 19 will go away.

If I=E2=80=99ll just do this

root@rabbit4:/home/test # jail -i -c -n test20 host.hostname=3Dfoo vnet =
persist
21
root@rabbit4:/home/test # jail -r 21

20 and 21 are going.

I=E2=80=99ll keep tracing this but if it ring a bell for anyone please =
let me know ;-)

> Thanks,
> Bjoern
>=20
> Example (after more than 12 hours of jail -r ..):
>=20
> # jls -av
>   JID  Hostname                      Path
>        Name                          State
>        CPUSetID
>        IP Address(es)
>     1  left.example.net              /
>        lef827                        DYING
>        18
>     2  center.example.net            /
>        mid827                        DYING
>        19
>     3  right.example.net             /
>        right827                      DYING
>        20
>     6  right.example.net             /
>        right923                      DYING
>        23

=E2=80=94=20
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                  Charles Haddon Spurgeon:
"Friendship is one of the sweetest joys of life.  Many might have failed
 beneath the bitterness of their trial  had they not found a friend."