Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:27:02 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Xpression <admin@atenas.cult.cu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Real time???

Xpression wrote:
>         Hi again...another problem is burning up mi brain, all my servers
> have the time updated, the router too, now when I send a mail, send-time is
> very different of the real-time, for example, now in my country 2:12 p.m. by
> my workstation (my servers 2:10 / 2:10 p.m.)...any idea or somebody with the
> same trouble???

You want to enable the Network Time Protocol; see "man ntpd".  You can do so via
/stand/sysinstall or enabling NTP in /etc/rc.conf:

4-sec% grep ntp /etc/defaults/rc.conf
ntpdate_enable="NO"             # Run ntpdate to sync time on boot (or NO).
ntpdate_program="/usr/sbin/ntpdate"     # path to ntpdate, if you want a
different one.
ntpdate_flags="-b"              # Flags to ntpdate (if enabled).
xntpd_enable="NO"               # Run ntpd Network Time Protocol (or NO).
xntpd_program="/usr/sbin/ntpd"  # path to ntpd, if you want a different one.
xntpd_flags="-p /var/run/ntpd.pid"      # Flags to ntpd (if enabled).

-Chuck