Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 23:33:05 -0500
From:      "Daniel J. Frost" <lethvian@maine.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Identd problems

Hello,
    Following my upgrade from 2.2.8-stable - > 3.1-stable, my identd
began to function improperly. It starts up fine, and in fact I can even
telnet to the ident port and establish an open connection, but when I go
on IRC I still get the ~ infront of my ident. At one point, I even used
my own ircd to see what was going on:
-???- Looking up your hostname...
-???- Found your hostname (cached)
-???- Checking ident...
-???- Received ident response

hence my whois request on myself:
*** bob(~dan@???)

I have tried reinstalling pidentd already as well as libident. If any
further clearification is required, I'll be happy to list more of my
findings. Thank you for your time.

-Daniel