Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:46:11 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Marino Ladavac <lada@pc8811.gud.siemens.at>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Abbreviation (was: Re: Compelling reason for SCSI device nam

Marino Ladavac wrote:

> On 30-Sep-98 Mark Ovens wrote:
> > Scott Mitchell wrote:

> >> AFAIK,
> >>
> >> ITYM = I Think You Mean
> >> HTH = Hope {This,That} Helps
> >> HAND = Have A Nice Day
> >>

> > OK, since we're on the subject of abbreviations, what about NIH?
>
> NIH was Not Invented Here; you should ask our friends in L* camp :)

That was the context I saw it in...

"...I'm quite tired of the totally non-portable
stuff that Linux perpetrates with its NIH
syndrome."

--
  When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd
Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com