Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 17:27:43 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Bernd Rosauer <br@schiele-ct.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCCARD modem config?

> The index parameter refers to the card's configuration index which
> does not mean anything to me since I do not know anything about
> PCMCIA in general and CIS in particular.  Is there a way to read
> out the various configuration indices of the card in order to
> determine the appropiate one? I would be happy if I could do that
> with UNIX software because I do not run DOS/Windows on any hard
> disk.

Your wish is my command.  As root:

# pccardc dumpcis

If you aren't sure how to read it, send the output to the list and
someone will explain it.

> The next point is how to choose the driver and the interrupt flag.
> In the kernel I configured sio0 at irq4 and sio1 at irq3.  In
> /etc/pccard.conf.sample most entries for modems set the driver to
> sio2.  Would that be ok for a TP560?

Sure, but you need to choose the correct index which corresponds to
sio2, and a supported interrupt.

>I guess, then sio2 must be
> configured in the kernel.  But will I need to use the irq which I
> set in the kernel configuration in the config line of /etc/pccard.conf,
> too?

Naw, the pccard systsem will do the right thing w/regard to using the
interrupt.  The only thing that matters is the port.

> Would it be ok if the pccardd chooses another irq from the
> resource pool which was not specified by the kernel configuration?

Sure.

Nate