Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 2009 23:12:28 -0500
From:      Wenji Wu <wenji@fnal.gov>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   LOCK_PROFILING does not work on FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT

I, Could anybody help me out? Thanks in advance.=20

LOCK_PROFILING does not work on FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT. I loaded FreeBSD=
 8.0-Current on my system, and try to run LOCK PROFILING. I have adde=
d the =93options    LOCK_PROFILING=94 to the configure file and rebui=
ld the kernel. Then I reboot the system, and run =93sysctl =96a|grep =
lock=94 to check if the lock debugging has been enabled. But NO lock =
debugging related parameters show up. LOCK_PROFILING does not work on=
 FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT!

I have repeated the same operations on FreeBSD 7.1, =93sysctl =96a|gr=
ep lock=94 shows =93LOCK PROFILING=94 works. So what happens to FreeB=
SD 8.0-CURRENT?

Thanks,

wenji