Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2000 21:58:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lamila Snowden <snowden@computercurrents.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Rapid Replication Strategy

I have 21 laptops to prep w/ FreeBSD 3.4
I have one up and running just the way it should be. from loading it from the 3.4CD and then the apps (Applixware for FBSD, etc)
I'd like to replicate it onto the rest. The whole HD is solely FBSD.
The rest have no OS and are 3 diffrent models, diffrent hd's but the same video chipset etc. NO CDROMs either. same PCMCIA NICs
I'd like to make up some type of boot disk with the PCMCIA NIC drivers loading at floppy boot.
Thought about using tomsrtbt which is a Linux boot/rescue disk w/ some net/disk utils.

2 questions pls;
1. Recommendations for a boot disk with NIC drivers
2. For NT I would use ghost or an imaging product like that.
I have been looking into dd, dump|restore, tar, pax, and find|cpio

What are your reccommendations for setting up a HD image for 2 purposes, to roll out the rest of these, to keep the image as a file incase of a hd failure in the future or for prepping more notebooks.