Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:10:28 -0500
From:      "Gary Hartl" <ghartl@gmail.com>
To:        "'FreeBSD Questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Running X without a videocard

-----Original Message-----
From: Wojciech Puchar [mailto:wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl]
Sent: November-19-08 5:28 AM
To: Gary Hartl
Cc: FreeBSD Questions

> I am running FBSD-stable 6.0 on some Sun Netra X1's so it is sparc64.
> There is no video card on these puppies.  But I seem to recall that we ran
> solaris X using WinAXE or VNC or something like that

for fast network (LAN)

telnet/rlogin (better not ssh)

export DISPLAY=IP-of-your-display:0
then start X apps

when i do this:
export DISPLAY=192.168.0.100:0
xterm

first it tells me that export can't befound, I guess that is because it is a
built it.
So I added to my .profile the following
	DISPLAY=192.168.0.100:0
      export DISPLAY
Logged out and logged back in.
Alas no display variable
When i run xterm it tells me that there is not display variable.

Anyone with suggestions
Thanks

Gary

make sure to allow on your local display connecting X program -
man xhost

for lower speed connection

ssh -C -X yournetra

then run X apps

for lowest speed connection run VNC.

if your local display run windoze you probably have only the last choice.

i don't know if they are working X11 servers for windows.