Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 2002 17:55:24 -0400
From:      "Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   passwd: Permission denied

I have a user account that can't change its own password.  If it tries,
it gets:

passwd: Permission denied

Other user accounts seem to be ok, so I figure that I screwed something
up when I created the user account.  I believe that I "cloned" this
account from my existing account by using vipw rather than by going
through the usual newuser process, so there must be some step that I
omitted.

Does anybody have a clue what that might be?