Date:      Fri, 06 Mar 1998 02:31:13 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Possible glitch in /etc/login.conf?

I was debugging some problems in an /etc/login.conf file and noticed an
oddity that seems like a mistake, but before I submitted a PR I thought
I'd ask. In the entries for root (both auth and capapbilities) there is
a :\ at the end of the record where it seems like only a : is expected.
Here are the relevant entries:

auth-root-defaults:\
        :auth-login=krb_skey_or_passwd,passwd,kerberos,skey:\
        :auth-rlogin=krb_or_skey,kerberos,skey:\

root:\
	lots of stuff
        :tc=auth-root-defaults:\

	Everything works as expected with these trailing \'s removed, although
I'd not noticed a problem with them in place. If there is some reason
that these are needed, perhaps a comment in the file would be in order
to help people like me? :)

	On a related note, the :priority key word doesn't seem to take negative
values. I didn't play with it much though.

Hope I'm not too far off base,

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the world's largest