Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 09:57:04 -0500
From:      "Martin MacT" <martinm@visualedge.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "David Daugherty" <doc@wcug.wwu.edu>
Subject:   Re: Setting up a box to use remotely by way of an X-server

    Well, I bought a new hub, and, um... well, it still don't work, though I
think that I do get less packet loss now (72% instead of about 79%)...

    Could it be because my card (macronix 98715 based NC-100 from LinkSys)
is set to half duplex instead of full? Also, it seems pretty consistent:
It's good for right around 500 pings, then goes down for aprroximately 820
seconds and then comes back for 500 pings or so...