Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 21:53:38 -0500
From:      Lists User <lists@rhavenn.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW is acting funny...

Hello List-

   Well, more then likely I am not understanding IPFW correctly, but here
is my problem:

I have the IPFIREWALL, etc.. on in the kernel and my firewall works, but I
am trying to keep my local
computers and routers from filling my logs, so I put a line in before my
last one which should deny
certian local requests, but not log them.

#Before the last line
$ipfw add deny udp from 172.20.20.15 137 to 172.20.20.12 137     #This is a
Win98 box to my NIX box
$ipfw add deny udp from 172.20.20.15 138 to 172.20.20.12 138

#My last lines.
$ipfw add deny log tcp from any to any
$ipfw add deny log udp from any to any

My question/problem is that these requests still get logged and fillup my
log file with junk. I thought
if a deny matched it would terminate, but it keeps going and logs the
requests? In my log file it shows
up exactly like the deny requests above it.

Am I missing something?

Thanks! I am on the digest list, but could you email me seperately if you
have an answer :)

Henrik
lists@rhavenn.net