Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:56:50 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Feng Li <fengli@kddia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is there any info about this type tftp daemon ?

--EY/WZ/HvNxOox07X

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 11:32:51AM -0400, Feng Li wrote:
>=20
>=20
> Hi, Friends
>=20
>=20
> I am a FreeBSD OS user. I am using one FreeBSD box as
> my TFTP server. But with a inconventient problem:
>=20
> Everytime, before I send file to this server, I have
> to do the following process on this server:
>=20
>  /usr/tftpboot# touch xxxx-config
>  /usr/tftpboot# chmod 666 xxxx-config
>=20
> I hope to omit this process, so if anyone knows where I can get
> a TFTP daemon which can allow me to omit above inconvenience ?

This indicates the tftpd daemon does not have write permission to
/usr/tftpboot.  This is of course a potential security hole because
tftp does not authenticate, so you're giving everyone who can connect
to your tftpd the permission to write/overwrite files into that
directory.

Kris

--EY/WZ/HvNxOox07X

--EY/WZ/HvNxOox07X--