Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:05:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Suzy Clarke <suzy_lea@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   UAAC Protocol

Hi all,

This is not directly related to FreeBSD but ...
Within FreeBSD's /etc/services file there's a protocol
defined as UAAC which uses TCP and UDP port 145.

Does anyone have any idea what this service is
legitimately used for? [I know that the XC telnetd
worm that came out last year used TCP port 145 for a
rootshell backdoor but I'm looking for its "official"
use]

I've checked the RFCs and done a Google search but
they haven't turned up anything. In several port
listings a David Gomberg at Mitre
[gomberg@gateway.mitre.org] is listed as the contact
for this service but mail to that address bounces. I
was also referred to him by IANA. Does anyone have an
alternate email for him?

If you've got any ideas or info please email me
directly.
Thanks,
Suzy