Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 2002 16:52:53 -0400
From:      "Kutulu" <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ppbus module but no ppc module?

While rebuilding my system with 5.0 DP1 I decided it was as good a time as
any to figure out kld modules.  I am trying extract everything possible from
the kernel config into loader.conf, and I'm only getting hung up with the
parallel port.

There are ppbus and lpt modules, so I removed those devices from the kernel
config and added ppbus_load to loader.conf.  The kernel build failed when it
got to ppc, which requires a built-in ppbus device to compile.  If I remove
the ppc device from the kernel config and build that, then the modules don't
load (I presume they are looking for the ppc device that's not there?)

Am I missing something or is this just a matter of these modules not yet
being ready to use?

==Mike Edenfield