Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 14:15:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      James Galvin <jgalvin@jgalvin.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crontab

I believe that is what the problem is.  My roommate noticed that
/var/cron/tabs/root contained the exact same information as
/etc/crontab.  INCLUDING the "who" field.  Basically, what I believe was
happening is that in a users crontab, you do not specify who to run the
command as.  Since "root" was specified in /var/cron/tabs/root then it was
trying to actually launch the command "root", which of course doesn't
work.  I don't know if I explained it too well, but I know that many of
you understood what I'm trying to say, so if you want to reexplain it a
little clearer...  Be my guest... :)

Thanks for all of your help though... :)

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Robert Hough wrote:

> James Galvin [jgalvin@jgalvin.net] wrote:
> > Yes...
> >
> > On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Cliff Sarginson wrote:
> >
> > > Did you use crontab -e
> > > to edit it ?
>
> Have you checked in /var/cron/tabs for any rogue crontabs? I'd almost bet there
> is one in there. Somewhere...
>

> --
> Robert Hough (rch@solveinteractive.com)

- James Galvin, jgalvin@jgalvin.net