Date:      Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:35:09 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Karan Gupta <g_karan@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: using ipfw

Karan Gupta wrote:

>Newbie here so pls excuse if this question sounds trivial....
>
>i use a single bsd router to service 2 properties. I want ppl on prop A to get 1.024kbit/s and the ones on prop B to get 256kbit/s....prop B is connected on the same network as prop A using a wireless device that has the an IP within the network range. Can is add a pipe to limit data from the IP address of the wireless device to 256kbit/s & achieve what i desire?
>

>Karan Gupta
>(949) 355-4042
>kgupta@edgefocus.com
>EdgeFocus Inc
>65 Enterprise Aliso Viejo CA 92656

Something like this, for one pipe, assuming an xl NIC and
using your dotted quad IP's:

ipfw add pipe 1 tcp from any to ip.of.some.box via xl0
ipfw pipe 1 config bw 1024Kbit/s

You probably need to check that you have the following in
your kernel config....

        options         DUMMYNET
        options         HZ=1000

HTH,