Date:      04 Aug 1996 13:21:05 +0200
From:      Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Questions about the CVS and CTM

Hello,

I consider to switch from folliwing src-current to cvs-current.

I now have the CVS version of the sources unpacked. Now if I want to
do make world, what is the normal thing to do?

What I did was 'cvs checkout src'. Then I get a copy of src, and I can
do a 'make world' in it. I can do 'cvs update' in the future, right?

This does cost lots and lots of diskspace, since I have to have both
the CVS source and the checked-out source on disk (together with the
objects). Is there a more efficient way?

Another question: how do I make local modifications? If I do this and
cvs commit them to my local cvs repository (maybe as a branch) then I
have a problem since ctm's md5 checksums won't match anymore, thus ctm
will fail. (I need to have ISDN support within two days, thus I'll
patch bisdn in).

Yet another ctm question: Is it possible to omit a certain branch, for
example src/games or ports/japanese? I could just remove it from disk
since I don't need it and don't like to waste diskspace on it, but
then also ctm updates will fail when they try to patch something in
these directories. Or will ctm just skip them and continue?

Thanks in advance,

--
Peter Mutsaers  |  Abcoude (Utrecht),
plm@xs4all.nl   |  the Netherlands