Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:13:11 -0600
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Freebsd install on notebook computer

Greetings,
I have a Dell Latitude CPi notebook.  I want to install
Freebsd on it and dual boot it with Win2K Pro.

I have installed/configured FreeBSD on several servers,
but not on a notebook.

Am looking for the fine documents, or tips that will allow
me to be prepared prior to starting the install on the
notebook.  IE, what to document/collect from the information
windows can provide, before ripping it down and installing.

What Do I need to do to get the PCMCIA cards (56K modem,
3com NIC) working?  How about Xconfig?

Does FreeBSD have a concept for docked/undocked? (as I have
a Dell latitude C/Dock docking station).

Thanks, and specific pointers to where the FM's are is great.
-Darryl