Date:      Wed, 05 Sep 2001 16:20:47
From:      "KSrinivasa Raghavan" <ksraghavan@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        ksraghavan@hotmail.com

Hi,

Problem statement:
I am unable to receive mails to my local FreeBSD system (installed 4.3) from
some mail servers,(linux boxes -RH 7.1  and freebsd mailing lists are the
ones I tried) whereas I am able to get mails from
hotmail server.

uname -a

FreeBSD sadhanapath.com 4.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE #1: Wed Aug 29
20:19:13 GMT 2001     skanduru@sadhanapath.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL
  i386

I tried to subscribe to some of the freebsd mailing lists, I didn't get any
automated response back for confirmation nor getting any emails, though I
did properly subscribe to majordomo.

I was trying to add procmail support to sendmail which doesn't come with the
standard sendmail from 4.3 RELEASE. Later I realized that this problem was
there with the standard sendmail too.

The standard freebsd.mc (with my additions) is as follows:
divert(-1)
Copyright stuff
divert(0)
VERSIONID(`$FreeBSD: src/etc/sendmail/freebsd.mc,v 1.10.2.8 2001/03/06
02:12:59
gshapiro Exp $')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)
DOMAIN(generic)

FEATURE(access_db, `hash -o /etc/mail/access')
FEATURE(blacklist_recipients)
FEATURE(local_lmtp)
FEATURE(mailertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable')
FEATURE(relay_based_on_MX)
FEATURE(virtusertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')

FEATURE(`local_procmail',`/usr/local/bin/procmail') dnl added by me

define(`confMAX_MIME_HEADER_LENGTH', `256/128')
define(`confNO_RCPT_ACTION', `add-to-undisclosed')
define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS', `authwarnings,noexpn,novrfy')
MAILER(local)
MAILER(smtp)

MAILER(procmail) dnl added by me.