Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 2003 20:36:20 +0000
From:      Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Two programs trying to handle the mouse?

"fbsd_user" <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com> writes:

> It will rebuilt the moused statements  in rc.conf for you.

Moused is starting, and the mouse is working.  I have
moused_enable=YES in /etc/rc.conf (and moused_flags="-z 4", but no
other mouse-related settings afaict).

My question was: why does the mouse pointer appear and work BEFORE
moused is started?  (At least before "Starting moused" appears on the
console.)

Hm.  Is there a time lag between moused starting and the output
appearing on the console?  That would be highly unlikely I think, but
who knows...

Another thing to try would be to turn moused off, to see if the mouse
still works.  Later...

Kai