Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:47:31 GMT
From:      attila! <attila@hun.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Assar Westerlund <assar@sics.se>
Subject:   Re: __func__ not declared for kernel build (5.0-CURRENT)

    but, in all this, the bottom line is that compilers, until
    recently, barfed on __func__. to compile the kernel, I
    substituted the function name in the printf statement... no
    big deal, but not what was intended, which I presume was to
    guarantee the correct function name, even if the function
    name was changed or the code lifted and reused in another
    function. after a few words in the programmers' universal
    language and a quick RTFS exercise, the hack was in... on
    with the show and the new kernel ran just fine and buildworld
    has done its thing.

	attila out...

  --
    No, I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it.