Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 18:57:34 -0500
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: aironet help

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 02:18:31PM -0500, Jacques A. Vidrine wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just got a Cisco Aironet PC Card and a PCI card, and slapped'em into a
> couple of machines here running 4.1-STABLE, ifconfig'd them, and tried to
> get'em talking.  However, I'm having trouble on one of the machines (the
> one with the PCI card): I can't use the interface to send packets (no
> route to host).
[snip]

[This is just for the benefit of the archives]

I actually had two problems:
   1.  Some (l)user forgot to configure IPFILTER for the new an0
       interface.  OK, it was me.  This is what caused the `No route
       to host' error messages.

   2.  Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com> was kind enough to point out
       that there is currently a bug in the driver such that if you put
       the card in promiscuous mode, it may wedge and no longer transmit
       packets.  I used tcpdump, of course, during my debugging, which
       tickled this bug.

--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org