Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:54:54 +0300
From:      "Andrey Simonenko" <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To:        "Mike Meyer" <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        <bwatts@corp.netcom.ca>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kernel.GENERIC Vs. kernel in /

You are absolutely right, and say the same as I said, that is someone should
have:

/kernel
/kernel.old
/kernel.GENERIC
/kernel.wich-works-with-some-unstandard-hardware

But I said the same in strange manner, i.e. I adviced to remove
/kernel.GENERIC and /kernel.old if somebody want to have trouble with
bootstraping.