Date:      Thu, 01 Mar 2001 13:01:39 +0900
From:      itojun@iijlab.net
To:        Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
Cc:        Arjan.deVet@adv.iae.nl, n@nectar.com, freebsd@dohd.org, rasputin@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org, darrenr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFILTER IPv6 support non-functional?

>> Would the KAME people have problems integrating this patch to enable
>> IPv6 for IP-filter?
>I believe KAME doesn't maintain IP-filter at all.  But, itojun said
>that calculation of payload length is wrong.

	yup, that is what i saw in the latest.  also ipf does not chase
	extension headers, so even if you try to filter tcp, "tcp with
	routing header" will go through.  not sure how should we model filter
	languages in presense of header chain.

	I guess it safer to enable it in main trunk, and get it tested against
	IPv6 traffic for some time.  it looks that there's too little time
	for 4.3 to have IPv6 ipf enabled.

itojun