Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:06:59 -0500
From:      "Daryl Chance" <dchance@valuedata.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CVS Server Tutorial?

Hi,

I'm currently running a cvs server here at work and it's
sufficient for the 1 project we have, but...we're getting
ready to start on the second version of the project and
I want to rebuild the box.  As far as CVS goes, I'd like
to set it up "Better".  The way it is now is i have:

/home/cvs
/home/cvs/bin
/home/cvs/dev
/home/cvs/project
etc

is this how it is normally setup?  I would assume it
would be setup a differnt way, but then again, this is
only my first attempt at setting up a cvs server :).

oh...and when i do a checkout I do:

cvs checkout .

normally isn't it something like:

cvs checkout <project> ?