Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 14:11:29 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        kernel@tdnet.com.br, zdorov@i.kiev.ua
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need help modem

> Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 13:17:54 +0000
> From: Gustavo V G C Rios <kernel@tdnet.com.br>
>
> Sorry to tell you, but PCI modems do not work under FBSD!

I'm glad this was made clear.  But, it would be an entirely different
and more useful post, if you had included the specific brands & models
of modems you tested, and tried to check if the compatibility list of
the freebsd home page has some errors.

If you *do* find an error in the hardware-compatibility document of the
freebsd site, or you come up with some more information for the PCI
modem that caused your troubles, I'd be glad to know.

Ciao,
Giorgos.