Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:08:20 -0800
From:      "Renaud Waldura" <renaud@waldura.com>
To:        "Ruslan Ermilov" <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "FengYue" <fengyue@bluerose.windmoon.nu>, <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PPPoE w/ nat auto fragmentation hack? (use tcpmssd port)

Dear hackers,

> What exactly does not work?
> What does the option -l do?

When launched automatically by ppp, tcpmssd doesn't get any of the packets
and is useless. When I start it manually from the command line, it works
fine.

I realize this isn't much in the way of helpful debugging information, and
was hoping to further define this: I implemented that "-l" option to log all
the packets processed by tcpmssd. I'm not even sure this bug applies to
anybody else, which is why I did not seek help or publicize it until now.

Anyway, I haven't been able to figure out what the problem is (and am
lacking time now). The best I have is this: when launched by ppp, tcpmssd
never seems to return from the main select() call. Ruslan, if you feel like
an account on the machine where I'm using this could help, just let me know
and I will gladly give you one.