Date:      Mon, 21 Mar 2011 20:08:12 +0100
From:      "Daniel C. Dowse" <dcdowse@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gkrellm2 GnuTLS and OpenSSL, conky doesn't work :(

On  Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:45:40 -0500, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
wrote:
[snip]
>On the other hand with conky, I get error
>
>[olivares@grullahighschool ~]$ conky -C > ~/.conkyrc
>[olivares@grullahighschool ~]$ conky
>Conky: Xft not enabled at compile time
>Conky: desktop window (1400003) is subwindow of root window (12b)
>Conky: window type - desktop
>Conky: drawing to created window (0x1e00001)
>Conky: drawing to single buffer
>Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)
>[olivares@grullahighschool ~]$ conky
>Conky: Xft not enabled at compile time
>Conky: desktop window (1400003) is subwindow of root window (12b)
>Conky: window type - desktop
>Conky: drawing to created window (0x1e00001)
>Conky: drawing to single buffer
>

>It starts up find, but then crashes.  But I have gkrellm working so I
>am happy :)
[snap]

Hi,

you probably have to enable XFT support with  make config in sysutils/conky and
select that option. If this doesn't help to prevent conky from crashing, i
don't know either. I use Conky 1.8.1 on 8.1-RELEASE-p2 with no problems except
with some memory leak after a few days. With conky -v you can see the selected
options your conky was compiled with.

cheers

Daniel

--